Saturday, August 15, 2009

Good times with old friends

Last night I had a chance to catch up with some old friends: Caitlin, Emilee, and Harmony. (Yes, I realize how much that sentence might make me seem older than merely 19 haha). We had kind of all gone our separate ways, living our own lives, but it was great to make time to see people that I've really grown up with. Since I moved to Fort Wayne when I was 5 and gone to the same church ever since, the three of them have been a part of my life in some way or another for almost 15 years. That is a major part of my life. We all decided that friends from church are definitely different from friends you may have at school. Youth group activities, Christmas plays, convention, mission trips...these people have seen me at my best and at my worst. Even though we aren't the same age, or even at the same point in our lives, it feels like we don't run out of things to talk about. The night was full of laughter...and food. I still don't think I'm hungry after probably eating a basket of chips by myself. What can I say? I like salsa and Cebolla's queso. I really feel like I'm growing up and part of that is making time to see old friends. There's some saying about making new friends and keeping the old ones, but I forget the rest. It is important though, I may make new friends at school but the old friends are really the ones who know me best. They know my family, where I come from, and most of all, my past. I'm really hoping we can see each other more often...who knows, maybe when we're all moms we'll drag our kids along and tell them about when we were younger. And I'll probably still be able to demolish a basket of chips by myself. Maybe 2...dare to dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment